August 4, 2011

Project 52 {week twenty nine} - Toto...I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

I've gotten slightly behind again. We drove to Dallas last week to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins...We arrived smack dab in the middle of their record setting number of days above 100 degrees. That was AWESOME! *wink* Seriously, though, we all had a GREAT time and thank goodness for the pool! Thanks so much Liz, Jim, Ned and Daly! The trip was short and I had a hard time getting back to the real world. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Here are some snapshots from our trip. The kids really loved the pool and Liz's pool was ideal for them! It was AMAZING to watch Nicholas' transformation into a pretty good swimmer. By the second day, he was jumping off the top ledge doing canon balls. Claire also really improved and has become so comfortable in the water. She especially liked the big step that she could play on. It was just so nice and relaxing and *cool*...I hesitate to say, but there were moments that I actually felt a bit cold! *gasp* Yes, that's right...cold while the air temperature was over 100! Ok...but that feeling lasted about 5 seconds...but oh what a feeling! =)






If you scroll fast enough, it almost looks like a movie.







A highlight for the kids was feeding the ducks by the lake. The fireworks were fun too!





The kids also really loved playing with Ned and Daly, who were so good with them. That makes my heart so happy. I wish they lived closer!


No comments: