November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving traditions - Menu

Last year, my grandmother and I were talking about Thanksgiving traditions and she was telling me about how she would post the menu for Thanksgiving dinner every year on the fridge to really get everyone in the festive spirit. Well...most of my family is out of town this year, so it'll just be a small gathering...so, I'm not yet in the festive mood...so I thought I'd continue on grandma's tradition of posting the menu to get in the mood!

Thanksgiving 2010 menu

Turducken
Apricot stuffing
Potato, celeriac & apple au gratin
Sweet potato mash
Green bean casserole
Roasted carrots & parsnips with sage and rosemary
Sour cream- thyme rolls
Old Fashioned pecan pie

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ok, Martha.... my frozen crescent rolls and Marie Calendar's pie doesn't sound quite as delightful!
You'll def have to take pictures of your feast, as I know it will be beautiful!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm - parsnips!!!! Happy Thanksgiving :)